Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Raspberry Lemon Drop

This is a little project I've been working on since handing off my collection of illustrated recipes to my niece for her bridal shower gift.
Yet again, there's been a sad lack of cooking content here, but that is not to say the little kitchen has been inactive but I've been having a lot of fun with the illustrating and cooking and spending way too much time lost in the vortex of Pinterest. Computer issues are also an issue when you're at the mercy of the sloooowwwness of free public wifi and library computers with a mind of their own. I get really impatient.
Anyhoo, I'm going to share some of my illustrations here to keep the blog active.
Some notes about this recipe:
My simple syrup recipe is a cup of water and 1 1/2 cups of sugar, heated in a sauce pan until the sugar is dissolved. Let it cool. It doesn't have to be refrigerated.
My favorite raspberry liqueur is St. George. I find Chambord to be too sweet and cough syrupy. That's just me though. I also just realized that I neglected to note on the illustration that fresh raspberries add a nice touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment